Born in Sydney, Australia; and works from her studio in Austin, Texas USA.
Marisa's interest in art began at a young age. Early on she visited art galleries & museums, inspiring her to create and paint throughout her school years.
Marisa majored in painting and drawing in her degree. Whilst she worked as a teacher her spare time was devoted to painting canvases, fabrics, or making jewelry. Her work was noticed and she was commissioned to paint large modern art works, whilst she continued to make and sell her jewelry creations.
Later, she joined the corporate world of finance pursuing a career in training, business development and marketing. The time taken on this venture limited her ability to create major works, but she continued her connection with the world of art by starting a collection of Australian artworks including Boyd, Pro Hart, Dickerson, and Weir.
Despite her successful career in business Marisa's move to Texas and passion for painting has allowed her to pursue her dream as a fulltime artist to renew the soul.
Marisa's work is currently displayed in corporate and private collections in Australia, England and the USA
- Diploma of Teaching; Milperra College, Sydney
- Bachelor of Education; Macarthur Institute/ University of Western Sydney - Major in Painting and Drawing,
- 1986 - 1988 designed, made and sold clay based jewelry; part time
- 1987 - 1988 designed theatrical costumes, & backdrops for Rock Eisteddfod
- 1986 - 1990, commissioned large modern artworks for private collections through referrals
- 1996 - 1997 ceramics - Ramsay Ceramics, Haberfield; painted and sold ceramics;
- 2000 - 2002 Certificate in Business Management, component of MBA; AGSM Sydney
- 2007 - 2008 painting workshops - Laguna Gloria, Austin Texas.
- 2009 finalist American Juried Art Show
- May 2009 featured artist - LEAP White Party fund raiser
- Sep. 2009 host committee for Women & Their Work Red Dot Art Spree & silent auction
- Nov. 2009 group exhibition - Con Mi Madre exhibition
- 2009 commissioned private works
- Apr. 2010 female portrait display at Threshold design studio, Austin Texas
- Jul. 2010 Spring condominiums display with Threshold design studio, Austin Texas
- Sep. 2010 art & architecture exhibit, Austin Texas
- Mar. 2011 consignment exhibit Milago condominium, Austin
- Aug. 2011 - 'What Would Andy Do?' - Pop Art exhibition at Luminarte Gallery, Dallas
- Nov. 2011 - commissioned abstract pieces for OMNI Hotel Dallas, on public display
- Feb-Mar 2012 - group exhibit of abstracts at Luminarte Gallery , Dallas
- Sep. 2012 - four pieces purchased by NYLO Hotel Dallas Southside, permanent display - opening reception
- Sep. 2012 - Female Portrait exhibit at the opening of Vivian's Muse, Austin Texas
- May 2013 - solo exhibition & charity event, Hill Country Galleria Austin Texas